The Clearinghouse includes resources that target the needs of young children, students, families, early childhood providers, teachers, faculty, and staff in
- Early childhood education programs
- PreK-12 schools
- Colleges and universities
It addresses three major topics related to operating safely during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Safe and Healthy Environments: Early childhood program, school and campus approaches to implementing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) recommended mitigation strategies and preparing for and sustaining in-person operations safely. This topic includes recommendations across all grade and age levels, with a focus both on reopening buildings for the first time and on keeping them open safely.
- Providing Supports to Young Children, Students, and Families: Early childhood program, school and campus strategies to meet young children’s and their caregivers’ and students’ social, emotional, mental health, developmental, academic, financial and other needs, including access to food and other basic needs. This topic includes a specific focus on the most vulnerable learners and on ensuring that resources provided by early childhood programs, schools, and campuses address gaps in equity that existed prior to, but have been made worse by the pandemic, and reach students in historically underserved communities.
- Early Childhood Provider, Teacher, Faculty and Staff Well-Being, Professional Development and Supports: Early childhood programs, school and campus strategies to address the social, emotional, health and other needs of early childhood providers, teachers, faculty and staff.