The Clearinghouse includes resources that target the needs of students, young children, families, teachers, early childhood providers, faculty, and staff in
- PreK-12 schools
- Early childhood education programs
- Colleges and universities
It addresses three major topics related to the ongoing needs of school, early childhood, and campus communities in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Safe and Healthy Environments: School, early childhood program, and campus approaches to implementing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) recommended mitigation strategies and sustaining safe in-person operations. This topic includes recommendations across all grade and age levels.
- Providing Supports to Students, Young Children, and Families: School, early childhood program, and campus strategies to ensure an equitable recovery from the pandemic by addressing students’ and young children’s and their caregivers’ social, emotional, mental health, developmental, academic, financial, and other needs, including access to food and other basic needs. This topic includes a specific focus on the most vulnerable learners and on ensuring that resources provided by schools, early childhood programs, and campuses address gaps in equity that existed prior to, but have been made worse by, the pandemic and reach students in historically underserved communities.
- Teacher, Early Childhood Provider, Faculty, and Staff Well-Being, Professional Development, and Supports: School, early childhood program, and campus strategies to address the social, emotional, health, and other needs of teachers, early childhood providers, faculty, and staff.